In the past 20 years, titanium has become the material of choice for some of the most critical offshore equipment. Our fabrications are on dozens of floating production systems (FPSOs), Gravity Based Structures (GBS), and fixed platforms around the world, including 9 of the 15 largest oil companies in the world.
We custom design safe, efficient offshore equipment including:
- Sea water cooled titanium shell & tube heat exchangers
- High Pressure titanium shell & tube heat exchangers
- Titanium and nickel alloy Filtration Vessels
- Titanium Course Strainers
- Titanium and nickel alloy in-line pipe and tee strainers
- Titanium ballast water pipe and titanium fire water pipe spool fabrication and field welding
Over the past 20 years, we are seeing more and more operating companies switch over from copper nickel to titanium for their heat exchanger and piping needs due to reliability concerns. We can help with your FEL1 or FEL2 stage system analysis to give you cost comparisons between various steel, nickel alloys, and titanium to meet your project needs.
TiFab also performs an extensive amount of titanium field welding on offshore projects, ranging from having our guys drop into fixed platform structures via helicopter, to sending crew of 12 welders to a contractor’s mod yard for field tie-ins of piping before the topsides were shipped to site.